Needless to say I had more than the usual alone time with my thoughts. This can be dangerous. Today I was thinking to myself. "what if I died today?" Now I know that this question can come to mind at different times in our life. When we have just experienced a death of a loved one or acquaintance, we think about their life and the legacy they left behind. We ask ourselves what legacy will I leave behind after I pass on? But today I was not thinking along those lines. No, it was a bit more shallow than that.
I was wondering what if I died today, and my loved ones had to come clean out my stuff, I would have people in my house, in my domain. What would they find. Would they think " oh good heavens she was a lousy housewife, look at this junk under her bed." or, "well I had no idea she kept such an untidy underwear drawer." What about all clutter in my closet? And, I know this one is over the top but, would my legs and armpits be shaved? Seriously I can not be left alone with my thoughts I know. But I can't be the only one who's thought about this. Can I?
Well I can say that if I die in my sleep tonight, then I would still have junk under my bed. I just hate getting under there. I did not have time to dust, too much laundry. I really do have too many shoes in my closet and I was just too tired to shave today. But my laundry is done. :)

7 comments:
I really do miss you!!! Seriously, I have thought all those things. In fact Mitch has such a strict list if I die I hope he remembers it all. Hey, maybe I should write it down...before he calls the funeral home to come get my body, he must read! Wow, you have given me a lot to think about today...THANKS! Guess you shouldn't leave me alone with my thoughts either.
PS the first think I will check when you die...is your arm pits!!!
I get to hear my husband's descriptions of his "full arrest" calls with the fire dept. I think you've listed common concerns for women to worry about, but realistically the officials and relatives that deal with the situation aren't thinking along those lines at all.
You must not know just how much you are truly loved and respected whether shaven or not, whether tidy or not.
Yes, I know this Monica- Just random thinking
Thats IT!!!!!!
I am cleaning out my underwear drawer, burning my journals that I don't want read, and I'm shaving my legs........Maybe tomorrow LOL
Today, I just don't care enough to get up and do it!!!
I have thought those same thoughts before. I'm sure people would have some interesting thoughts about my house and I wouldn't even be able to be there to defend myself,........NOW that isn't fair :)
Love you!! You make me laugh. That is one of the reasons I love you.
I am laughing so hard, I seriously think the same things! Right now my house is a upside down waiting on us getting done with our front room redo! Hopefully I will have a clean house & body when I die! :)
Post a Comment