WOW, I remember 12 years ago today waiting impatiently to see what this long awaited little girl would look like! Aaron and I were so anxious to be parents and could not have been more blessed to have McKenna come first. I remember looking on the computer for baby names. I liked Makayla and Mckenzie, and then remembered one of my favorite movies growing up, Somewhere In Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymore. I loved Elise McKenna.

She was so elegant and kind and beautiful. She glided as she walked and well, I just loved her. I waited to see my little girl and feel of her spirit and once I did I knew she was a McKenna.

She is full of grace and beauty and walks with angels. I could not be more happy with who this young woman is becoming. She teaches me everyday to be a better person.
She is a GREAT babysitter and loves little a children. She has been such a good older sister and cousin (or as we like to call her aunt mckenna)
She has been an animal lover from the beginning. Once we had 5 cats because she would not let us turn away a stray. It just reflects her nurturing spirit.
I know that there are going to be days ahead where she is going to get a bit emotional...
And I know that when the storm comes...
..and I try to be there to comfort her, give advise and direction that she is going to just give me that look....
.....and she will insist that she climb this one on her own......
...and I'm going to have to let her go......

....with attitude!


2 comments:
LOVE IT!
Agreed. I LOVE THIS! made me cry!
Post a Comment