8/19/09

I fell off the face of the earth

Ok, so yep I have been completely wrapped up in my life and have not blogged in forever, So here is a long update! Maybe now I can come back to earth-
McKEnna pretty much babysat all summer, mostly for me. But she enjoyed watching baby Dane the most! I was able to go to the Temple regularly and get lots of things done without my crazy Jack Jack. She is the best babysitter.
The kids had so much fun playing this summer, cousins, friends, neighbors. What a blast. We had the Cotton reunion minus Bob and Christi :( this summer.
However, Life has still been the same with regards to Jackson is INSANE!!
He LOVES the bathtub and learned very quickly how to turn it on himself. I found him on a daily basis doing this. At least this time he had his pants off.
Jaron got creative one day and decided this will help keep the bubbles out of his eyes. Hilarious! Jackson is so funny when we get out of the car and I open the door to get him out. He will squint his eyes and say "ooh ooh" covering them because the sun in his eyes. It's totally dramatic. So I have to give him my sunglasses.
One of the reasons for the falling off the earth is Aaron has been working extreme hours and that means I am limited on breaks- however it has been nice to visit him downtown and play around Louisville, soaking up all the free things there are to do.
We like to visit the science center, this is us out front.
The water front park is a blast- sits right on the Ohio River, huge park and water for them to play in. Louisville slugger has fun things to do for free in there. We like to watch Aaron hit in the cages. The kids crack up that daddy can hit. They think he is too old to play.
The Boys get their turn in the cages. I couldn't get Jack out of there- he is a baseball freak. This was a car show right out the doors of Aaron's office, every time the real car show is in town these hippies have their own car show- opposite obviously of the real one, hence the sign below stating-'Please touch the car' It's awesome. They play nutty music and well, the cars as you can see are too funny. I was cracking up.
this one is brass horns This one is covered in pennies Covered in teeth
So at the start of summer the kids had a popcorn jar that was filled up every time I caught them being good. And I promised a back to school ice cream party if they filled the jar. So we had a PARTY! BraeLynn is our cookie queen.
Connor and Jaron playing it cool. Jackson went right for the M&M's
And shoveled them in as fast as he could "Cheese!" My BraeLynn grew up a lot this summer. She turned 9 in July. She is awesome! We had a girls night while Emily was in town! And...... Jack Jack was still inane. Here is threw the bag of animal crackers all over the floor. He also decided that the crib was no match for him anymore, and NEVER stayed in. I frequently found him up on the top bunk asleep because he wont jump down (yet) so he will just fall asleep up there. Soooooooo, I had to cage him in. Horrible picture but you get the idea. Back to school 2009!
BraeLynn is in the 3rd grade. WOW
Jaron started Kindergarten- holy moly.
Braelynn was very excited to be able to protect her brother, and Jaron was very excited to let her! He LOVES BraeLynn and follows her around everywhere- whatever Brae likes, Jaron likes. They really have a bond. McKenna Benna Boo is in MIDDLE SCHOOL! I couldnt get a good picture of her because her she is actually saying "hurry MOM" as the bus is turning the corner nad heaven forbid she is seen taking a picture.
All the neighborhood kids lined up and waited for the bus- so cute.
We have a TON of neighborhood kids this year and they all meet out front to wait for the bus. This will be short lived as the winter months approach!
So, it's been a week since school has started, I only have one at home yet he is the one that keeps me runnin, so no peace and quiet yet!
Aaron and I have been married 13 years this month. (you might want to write that one down this time Aaron) Yep he forgot- but hey, I have many years for him to make that one up to me!
It really has been a crazy year, lots of learning and growing and well- that's painful sometimes :) But I LOVE my family, I LOVE my friends and have been very blessed to have so much support.
Now back to space for me. Until next time.........................

4 comments:

The Loesevitz Family - said...

Girl! You're back! Everyone in your family looks great! Oh, and I wanted to pass this recommend onto you, I LOVEEEEEE the "Crib Tent" I got from BabiesRus. It is THE BEST 80 bucks you will EVER spend! Google it, and get one for your little guy!! Let me know if you do and what you think of it!

Monica said...

Great update, Amie! Yeah, I've missed your blogging.

Jenn said...

I have been waiting for you to post more! I love all of your pictures! I can tell that BraeLynn has grown! She is so beautiful, I love her hair too! Mr. Jaron in Kindergarten, wow! McKenna is so stylin' for middle school! Now it is just you and Mr. Jackson! Time is flyin'!

Marci and Stuart Taylor said...

Ahhh Beamers I loved that!! Thanks for the updates!! and the pics! Brae is bbeeauuuttiiffuull!! And Kenna so stinkin' stylish :) Can't believe Jack is two.. yikes! Love you tons girl! Talk to you soon