1/27/10

Captain Underpants!!

Being that Jack Jack is the last child, and I know how this potty training thing can go down sometimes, I have been in NO rush to even remotely contemplate the idea. However, Jack Jack is nothing like any of my other children. He will pee in his diaper one time and then walk around like he has a load in his pants wanting me to take his diaper off. Of course I wont until he at least pee's in it so much its about to fall off from the sheer weight of it.
He has actually been using the toilet the last couple months on his own accord. I have actually discouraged it. I know, I'm nuts. But he sees all the kids doing it so he has been pooping in the toilet whenever he feels like it. Which is the real reason I have been so hesitant with him. Jackson is my most stubborn child, he will not do anything unless HE wants to do it. And I would not put it past this child to be completely potty trained for a month straight and then decide one day that he doesn't want to anymore and then that's that. Seriously- he is sooo this way.
He will sit in a time out for, and I'm not kidding, almost 2 hours because I am making him say sorry to me. He won't do it because I am telling him to. So he will sit there and refuse to say it until HE wants to. Once, it had been like 45 minutes and he really wanted to get up, I told him he could as soon as he said "OK Mommy". He wouldn't do it. I looked at him and said, "Jack, why wont you just say Ok mommy?" he throws his little hands up in the air and says, "I don't know". Another 30 min. and finally he looks at me and says it. "OK Mommy" with a huge smirk on his face. He's one stubborn kid.
So, my little Jack Jack has decided that he wants to wear big boy underwear and we have gone two days completely trained. I have not had to tell him when to go, I have not had to stay home all day, he stays dry for naps. It's like a dream potty training experience. However I know better and a couple weeks from now he will have changed his mind.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I swear kids are out to make us all liars. That is so amazing. I hate potty training. BOYS especially. I will be hoping it is not a fluke cause what a great BLESSING you have been given!