5/20/10

Family's Are Forever

Even when things are hard and times are tough, it's nice to take a moment and capture the real things in life.

4 comments:

jani said...

You look great Amie. Is McKenna really almost as tall as you now? Sheesh. Loves to you all!

odellfamilyof6 said...

Hi Amie,

I saw your mom this week while she was here in Napa and came by to visit Jason. It was so great to see her and talk to her. The next day she showed up on my doorstep with a Basil plant. My family loves basil and I was so excited because now every time I pluck a leaf off that basil plant I will remember the day your mom showed up out of the goodness of her heart to bring that to me. She must have known I need the pick-me-up that day. What an amazing woman. We got to talking and I asked her how you were doing as I had followed your blog periodically and was concerned for you as I had read about your difficult year but not really sure "how" difficult. I want you to know that you are an amazing mom. You look great. Your kids are beautiful. I know the challenges of having four children...as I do...and that every day brings new challenges and there is never a "dull" moment at home. I think of you often and want you to know you inspire me to stay strong! I hope things get easier for you but know that you have the faith you need to continue onward.

Jill Odell (Erickson)

Monica said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing, Amie.

amie said...

Jill, I have no idea if you will ever check this response- i would love your e-mail address. Thank you for the beautiful words. I think of you and your family too and especially right now.
My mom reminded me of a quote I had in my room growing up. I had written it out really big. it was "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" I counting on it! haha
Have a wonderful day and lots of love to your family.