5/20/10

Oh Woe Is Me

Thanks to Jill's post tonight I am inspired to end the last 30 minutes of this day on a good note. Jackson is testing me like none other. And I am pretty sure my neighbor hates us. (he tried to tackle her newly planted tree)
Went to the store and he was horrible. I can always tell its over the top bad when people give me that look like, "She shouldn't be a mother". Now, I'm used to the look that says, "boy you have your hands full", that one I can handle. But the other just hits my self esteem super hard.
Loosing my temper at night because I have been holding it in all day, is not the way to go out. But I did it anyway. But what I am grateful for (here I go Jill) is that I got the chance to cuddle and kiss him before he fell asleep so he knows I love him.
And I do, because he makes me laugh way more than cry.........
I walked out side and saw this. I mean he was laying here long enough for me to think, "what the heck", realize what he was doing, pull out my phone and take the pic. He is playing dead. It's one of his latest gigs. And he will lay there until someone finds him.
Not kidding, eyes closed and all. ......now thats funny He was giving me a thumbs up because I told him he did a good job at playing dead. "cool mom" he says
And his other gig lately is to climb up top the car and dance around the roof. He first started this while in AZ visiting my family. He freaks out a lot of people doing this. But I reassure them by simply saying, "Oh, Don't worry, if he falls he'll just bounce" Yeah that wins me the Mother of the year award! But really, he will bounce.
I had to snap it fast so he wouldn't see me and think that I was condoning this kind of behavior. I had to hide my face from laughing as well. Yet another reason our neighbors hate us.
So, as I have a whopping 15 minutes left of this day, I can honestly say I feel better about my little hellion and am ready to see what tomorrow brings.
(I hope your not reading this Mira because you are still watching him tomorrow for me! haha)

3 comments:

Monica said...

Adorable boy, adorable mommy.

jani said...

mmmK, seriously, that kid has more personality in his little finger than most. He never ceases to amaze me! How in Hades does he get up on your car? I don't know how you do it Amie- you are amazing!

Alison said...

He really did look dead! Seriously, I LOVE IT! I really need to live closer to you. Then we could really have the neighbors hating us together!