9/15/10

Just some thoughts

It's been a while since I just rambled on, but I just have to talk about a couple things.
First of all I am not sure if I have mentioned this neighbor of ours, right next door. They are Hindu and she and I have become very close friends. I have learned so much from her and her family. Recently she had a big party for all her friends to celebrate her sons birthday/welcome home party (he's 3, we had our babies 3 days apart) and she invited us to come. She asked if I would help her with the games for all the kids that would be there because she said she has no clue what party games to do. I gladly said I would take that over.
So at the party, kids and I being the only Americans there out of 200 people, we played all the games and truly had a blast with them.
Ok, so now this is the point of the story- while I was there playing games with all the kidos, Pria (her name,pree-uh) comes out and says to me " oh, there you are, I tried calling you on your cell phone because I couldn't find you and worried that you had left. I am so sorry that I have not been able to talk to you tonight, I .." this is where I interrupted her and told her don't even think twice about that, bla bla- but I was so humbled and amazed that here this woman is trying to entertain all her friends and host this party for her son, and this is no small ordeal- full 'costume' and everything, but yet she is worried about not being able to talk to ME? Just that small act of hers made me feel so important among all those friends of hers and I learned how important it is to make each person in your life feel important to you.
She is the most giving person and when you are a guest in their home you are treated like a queen. It's amazing. I learn a lot
Ok, more rambling. I have also learned a lesson lately on the importance of being still. Thanks to my Mother's wonderful advise. I have been trying to push some things along way too fast and moving way to fast and saw myself starting to crash. It's so hard sometimes to just be still and wait for the Lord to move things along. I tend to get in the way all too often. And I felt the chastisement more so this time for getting in the way. But as I have thought about 'being still' each day this week, I can already see some things moving forward that I know I would have missed had I not just stopped moving. As a mother and wife and all the other roles we play, it's not often we have TIME to be still, physically. But I think this time I realized it wasn't so much being still physically (however it did help), but to be still in my thoughts, in my words, in my soul. I need to stop and look around me, look at what is happening around me. Am I present or am I moving too fast to notice? It is much easier said than done but I am starting to see the value in this and glad that I a trying to be more still.
And third ramble for the day- I am homeschooling my girls this year. Yes, yes I am. They both were begging me half way through last year so this summer we talked and prayed about it and it just felt right. Now, there are many reasons actually that I felt prompted to do this, and they have nothing to do with academics. One of the things I am gaining out of this experience though is really gaining a stronger relationship with my daughters and being able to attend to their individual needs more than I have have before. It has been a challenge in many areas but I am learning more about myself and actually through this opportunity I am seeing some prayers answered. I am remembering things about the revolutionary war that I had forgotten about and I am finally finding use for all the years of algebra!
Ok, enough rambling.

No comments: