5/27/08

Say What?????

SO, I have lived here in KY for 11 years now (holy smokes) and I love it, so many things to love. One of the things I like is the friendly people at the stores and every where you go really. Well being that I have lived here this long there isn't really anything hick that I haven't seen or heard. But there is always room for surprise- I was in Walmart check out line waiting for the lady ahead of me to finish up. I set down one item on the belt and waited, patiently I might add. The cashier then turned to me and said "demyereggs?" I paused, thought and said excuse me mam? she replied again "demyereggs?" Now I know I have a slight hearing loss but this was different, I asked her to repeat please. This time she said it again as she was pointing to my one item lying on the check out belt, "dem yer eggs?" Oh, I get it I thought to myself, "yes, yes mam THOSE ARE MY EGGS. sheeeeesh

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is hilarous! Every once in a while I hear one of my boys say something that is "Arkansan" and I laugh because they are 1/2 Arkansan blood {I have to remind Bill sometimes}! :) I guess you can say that you know a 2nd language!