6/16/10

Kentucky Storms

One of the first things I fell in love with about living here is the thunderstorms. The way the sky gets is just amazing. I went to go running yesterday and ans I ran around the corner I happen to look up and saw this
I thought it would still be ok for a quick run but when I got to the top of the hill the wind came at me and it was the kind of wind everyone in the south knows to be afraid of- tornado like winds!
So I ran back home and watched the craziest clouds come in and the storm rage through.
These clouds kept circling and rolling forward then backwards (that's a little wicked!)
Just a good ol' thunderstorm came out of it.

3 comments:

the mrazek family said...

That first picture is amazing. Makes me want to live there with the beautiful colors! I didn't realize you were so much out in the country. Or is it all like that there?

amie said...

It's pretty wide open spaces here, louisville of course isn't as much but yeah, it's nice. COME MOVE HERE!! IT"S CHEAPER :)

Our Young Family said...

so did you enjoy your run to the mailbox? saved by the rain...