6/7/09

ChaChaChaChanges

Kids are finally out of school. But this is a big summer full of changes. I love change, but this kind is a little more emotional!
McKenna is officially out of elementary school. I have a middle school child.WOW.
She had her graduation Thursday and I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of her. She has made leaps and bounds not only with her school work but in becoming a light to those around her. She leads and does not follow, she speaks up and does not shy away from truth, she reaches out to the needy and does not turn them away, she loves those she is with and does not judge. 
I have learned and continue to learn so much from this angel. 
Congratulations McKenna benna boo- you ROCK!!
BrAElyNN- comes home from the last day of school, rips her shoes off and shows me this:
her excuse? "I didn't have a yearbook so, I just had everyone sign my socks!"
I have to say, I was impressed with her once again creativity and make lemons out of lemonade attitude!
She will be the top dog in Elementary school now and is excited for Jaron to join her. 
Jaron will be going to Kindergarten, I have seen so much growth in him, he is soooo ready! I think I will have to bring a box of Kleenex with me to this one- he has been my  little protector and I will really miss him during the day. But I will be entertained by the crazy jack jack. 
Time for Freezer Jam!
I love making freezer jams! A couple years ago, Mira showed me just how easy it really is and I am hooked!
We made our first batch of strawberry freezer jam this year. McKenna helped with the smashing part!

4 comments:

Monica said...

YOU and your children ROCK!

Miralyn said...

Such fun! love the socks Braelynn...you are soooo creative!

Marci and Stuart Taylor said...

I love freezer Jam!!! Can I come get some?? ;)
Kenna looks so great in that pretty dress!! And I miss my twin Brae..
When did J lose the tooth?

Jenn said...

McKenna looked so beautiful for her graduation! I love how BraeLyn was creative to have her friends sign her socks...to cute!