7/8/08

Boys and their mama's

So today I had been cleaning the house- like the ignoring children kind of cleaning the house- and jaron comes in the house and says "mom, will you just watch me on my scooter, i'm the bestest scooter rider" So I went out on the porch and watched him ride up and down the street. Each time he would pass by he'd hold up his hand and do this "I'm so cool" wave. or a thumbs up. He would stop and walk over to me, sit down and breath a big sigh and say " I'm good hugh mom" 
As I sat there watching this little boy show off his "skills" I realized how important a mother is to her son. He needs her to say "your so cool buddy" and " wow that's neat" , "yes I saw that, way to go"all these words of encouragement that come from a mother build up this soon to be young man. To some it may look like a mother watching her son ride a scooter but in reality its a mother building her sons confidence, his security in this world and reassuring him that his mother loves him and thinks he's cool! All you mothers of boys out there- you rock!

2 comments:

jani said...

Don't you just want to squeeze 'em til their little heads pop off sometimes?? They're so stinkin' cute!

Katie said...

And we think you rock Amie!!! This is beautiful!