8/19/08

Californ-I-A

The boys and I went out to Napa California, where I grew up this past week, it was nice to see family and friends. It had been a long time. I loved to see some of my favorite places that have strong memories for me. Here are a few:
This Bakery, ButterCream Bakery, is where my grandmother took me all the time as a little girl. As soon as I walked in the smell brought me way back. My favorite things were the sugar cookie, and signature pink checkered cookies. But being in there made me feel so at home.  These rocks are at downtown Napa, where my grandmother and great aunt used to take me shopping all the time. I would play on these rocks and run up and down the side- Water used to run from them too I think. Napa has changed so much, only a few things left that are the same as when I was young. They even took down the grand clock tower that stood in the center of town because it wasnt sophisticated enough anymore. Dumb winos My great Aunt Marian above and My grandmother below. Marian will be 95 in a couple weeks and my grandma is 90. They are amazing women. I have so much of them in me, they make up a part of who I am. I love that I have had such a close relationship with them all these years.  My grandma and grandpa Pickett, and me and my pop. They are so awesome. Always keeping family first. The older I get the more I realize how much they did, and still do to keep us close. My cousin Jason was married in the Oakland Temple as well on this trip. I had not been there since I was married 12 years ago. It was so nice to walk around the grounds and feel of the wonderful spirit. They don't make temples like this anymore! Such a long trip! we were going non stop and the boys were so pooped out. Jackson has slept all day today!

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

how fun! yea, that place brings back some crazy memories. we love going though. mike says he could live there, me i am not so sure since i grew up there! cute pictures!

Jenn said...

That would be a cool place to grow up! What wonderful pictures for you to cherish! Your boys are so handsome.

Emily said...

Amie, yo look soooo Good. You are a knock out, way to go babe. Love you