10/8/08

Power in Writing

Ever since McKenna was born, I have kept a journal for each of the kids. The reason I am writing about his is because I really have a testimony of  a journal. I know for McKenna I felt more prompted to keep a journal about her, knowing that one day it would benefit her in ways I could not imagine. 
Now that she is 10 years old- I see the wisdom in the prompting. All I can say is how glad I am I wrote the things I did and what a great tool this has been in raising her, and I know it will be with the others as well. 
I know that with the years of so much technology handwriting isn't very popular. I mean this world of blogging speaks for itself. But I still find joy in taking out my pen and paper, and writing until my hearts content. 

1 comment:

Monica said...

Good for you, AMIE!
I started writing letters to my future husband and children when I was 12. They are scattered somewhere, and probably entertaining & embarrassing.
A few months back I began writing in a specific journal for each of my daughters. It's mostly brief thoughts, experiences, or counsel I'd want to impart if I I couldn't in person.
I've been waiting to find the *right* journals for my boys. Thanks for reminding me that I just need to get to it with or without the *right* book.
I MISS YOU!