10/23/08

Ohio, here we come

The kids and I headed out to Kirtland this week and we had a blast- We made all kinds of stops throughout Ohio  Aquarium: Mansfield was so fun- We went on this Bible walk (they would not let me take pictures) but it was stories of the Old Testament that just brought it to life- very cool.
Then miles and miles of corn fields, I couldn't take it any longer and had to get out and play in them
Can you find the little Waldo's
There was the Velvet Ice cream factory- the kids saw how ice cream is made, and then we ate it of course! Fun on the play ground
Kirtland
The fall colors were breathtaking. The river is where my great(3times) was baptized.
We also went to the Johnson farm- The kids learned so much, Jaron was more into it that I thought he would be. 
The couple missionaries that gave us both tours were so wonderful to the kids. They took time to really help them
The kids and I had so much fun, this is for sure a trip we will do again!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

What a wonderful trip!!! Did Aaron not go with you? I would love to go to all of those church sites one day.

Madsen Family said...

did your hubby not go? you are a brave woman to go by yourself with the kids! well, i guess if my kids were older it might be easier....
well it looks like you had a blast. how far a drive is it?

Alison said...

How fun. Did you do this alone, with the kids? One time when we come out we will have to do the church sites. My kids loved the Aquarium.

McKenna Cotton said...

Aaron has been working 20 hour days/nights the last 3 weeks or so - I thought it would be nice to get away and let him have guilt free work! They were great on the trip

blairsblog6 said...

You are my hero. I loved the trip photos. I really want to go to Kirtland, but I would never, NEVER, ever go without Matt! You went at the perfect time for the leaves!

The Wach Family said...

Did you meet Elder and Sister Butterfield by and chance? He is the Director of the visitor center there. They are my "other" parents.

McKenna Cotton said...

No, we did not have the director- how neat though.