2/27/09

Oh Boy, Give me Joy

So Thursday was one of those days it was a lot harder to find the Joy that usual. I love my boys although yesterday I didn't want to do the boy thing. You know have them hang on my legs(literally) all day long asking me to do this and that. saying a thousand time- mommy look, Mommy watch- mommy-mommy-mommy ahhhhhhhhhh
Anyway, I locked myself in the bathroom and fell to my knees and prayed that the Lord would take me away for just a day. Ok, so that was unreasonable- still- HELP. I let myself breath and then felt that I needed to just submit to the reality. I am a mother of two boys. (who are needy, I had no idea boys were so needy)So I went downstairs and proceeded to make a fort, which was funny because the whole time jaron was like- mom, i didnt know you could build such good forts, your cool mom. Ok that was joy,
Then I took them to the pet store to look at all the animals, that bought some time
then we went to the park and I let them run around. Jackson was in heaven and this picture of him in the swing doesn't even capture his joy as he was swinging. THAT was my joy. 
So although it was a toughy- I found it. And then went to bed as early as I could to just end this day.:)

3 comments:

Alison said...

Love this one...I know boys needy! I needed this, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I will go find joy now. THANKS!

jani said...

I'm loving your joy posts!!

blairsblog6 said...

Amie, you really are my hero. Really. Remember I have three boys...